- I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. No joke. It’s in my closet, feel free to stop by and see it if you don’t believe me.
- I’m bothered by people who wear sandals year-round. I think it’s all about attention. They want you to say, “Oh my God! Aren’t your feet cold?” And then they’ll be all, “Naw, I wear sandals all the time.” Is this supposed to impress me? It doesn’t. You know what does impress me? The multitude of shoes available for purchase and how warm they keep my feet. Just put some shoes on, hippie!
- It’s a wonder my mother likes me. I broke some of her ribs and was 3 ½ weeks late when they decided to take me out (before I killed us both). If she doesn’t like me, she hides it very well.
- I have an intense repulsion to ketchup. It makes me gag. Several of you have witnessed and can attest to my ketchup reaction. In eighth grade I was at lunch and the girl across the table from me was trying to open a ketchup packet and it sprayed all over me. I almost threw up from the smell. Luckily, I went to Jessie Clark and they had extra [lame] shirts from the [lame] Character Counts programs we had every year, so I wore one of those.
- Every time I take the Myers-Briggs test, I get a different answer. I don’t think I have multiple personalities, though. This doesn’t stop Amy Jo from randomly trying to “diagnose” me. I’ll be in the middle of saying something and she’ll say, “See, I really think you’re a [insert letter combo].”
- I am oddly psychic. Go ahead and laugh. I can predict the weirdest things: songs that will come on the radio, certain reruns that will come on TV (and no I haven’t been watching the previous ones so I don’t know what has come before it), where we’re going to eat on Sundays, I can usually tell when people are dating and I always know when my friends have sex with someone new. The last one is probably my weirdest.
- I like country music. Typically the cross-over stuff that doesn’t sound “country,” but I also have a special place in my heart for the incredibly twangy stuff. It’s fun to sing.
- I have a white trash appreciation for Jerry Springer and Maury. I inherited this love from one of my old roommates.
- I’ve danced on top of bars. Yes, bars—plural.
- I’ve been to Africa. I went to Morocco, rode a camel to an Oasis in the Sahara Desert and spent the night there. The desert is freezing at night. As we left the next morning, we drove up into the mountains and it snowed. I woke up in the dessert and then saw snow shortly thereafter.
- Once a baby squirrel climbed all over me. It was cool. I have pictures to prove it. It’s been my experience that you should always back up any squirrel story with pictures. This is actually not the only time I've held a baby squirrel. I'm beginning to think they're drawn to me. Or that they're "nuts" about me. What a delicious pun.
- I’ve always thought that I’d make a decent child psychologist. Mainly because I’ve been to so many.
- I’m so short that I have to get all pants hemmed. Even the alleged “short” cut.
- I have a hard time trusting people who voluntarily drink unsweetened iced tea. Do they not know that sweet tea is immensely superior to its unsweetened counterpart? What are they trying to prove? Why don’t they just drink water? You can see why this cannot be trusted.
- I have a “no regrets” philosophy on life. I thought it would be easy when I adopted it…and it is, provided you just don’t think about a lot of things.
- While in Vegas, my friends and I met some reality show TV producers (they really were, we Googled them) and they treated us to a wild and crazy VIP night! We added it up as we went along, they spent thousands of dollars on us; it was kind of insane!
- I have a fear of retractable dog leashes—mainly the ones with the round rope/cord. I was always afraid that a dog on such a leash would wrap around my legs. And then it happened! The dog kept running really fast and the leash sort of burned into my legs. I had these really deep cuts/burns. I still have scars…they’re hard to see because I’m so pale, but I have them.
- Speaking of scars on my legs…I also have one from where I accidentally stabbed myself in the leg with a box cutter. It was late one night and I had just bought a new cell phone. I was trying to cut the proof of purchase off the box so I could get the mail-in rebate. I didn’t want to walk “all the way to the kitchen” just to get a pair of scissors so I decided I could manage the task with a box cutter. I distinctly remember thinking to myself, “Be careful, don’t stab yourself in the leg.” Shortly after that thought, I stabbed myself. Sometimes I never listen.
- If given the opportunity, I would get married in Las Vegas. My only condition would be that the ceremony was officiated by an Elvis impersonator.
- I have been on the Central Perk set of Friends and the set outside Luke’s Diner on Gilmore Girls. I went to visit my friend in LA for my 21st birthday and she took my on the Warner Brothers studio tour because she knew I’d love it. She’d already been and knew that the Friends set was there and asked the tour guide if we could see it. And we did!! I sat on the couch and stood on the stage! It’s a lot smaller than it looks on TV. We were lucky because shortly after we were there it was being boxed up to go to the Smithsonian! An interesting tidbit about the Gilmore Girls set is that the street that Luke’s is on is the same set used in the Paris flashback scene of Casablanca (Rick and Ilsa watch from the balcony as the Germans invade Paris). *Bonus factoid on this one: I love TV and movie trivia, it fascinates me.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Random Things II: Another Blog Expansion
I told you that more random facts were coming!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Was there some rich white guy meeting that we didn't know about where they all secretly decided to get super interested in space all of ...
I can't decide which aspect of having a cold sore/fever blister is worse: the actual blister itself, or the fact that it is technically ...
I've made an executive decision. I need to bring back Homestar Runner . Towards the end of high school and into the beginning of college...
First I must apologize for my holiday hiatus. They are a busy time in general, and on top of that I've been trying to get stuff ready to...
Post a Comment