- A few months ago, I heard my students talking about Trogdor, the Burninator. Naturally, we had to watch the video of Trogdor (once we finished all our Spanish work of course). Trogdor and Teen Girl Squad are 2 of my favorite Strong Bad creations. I'm certain there are no less than 13 videos in existence which feature me singing the Trogdor song, in varying levels of intoxication. As a direct result of this day in class, I go home and watch 1.5-2 hours of Homestar Runner rather than accomplishing any grown-up tasks.
- While viewing reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (aka using my time wisely), a character makes mention of Trogdor and his powers of burnination.
- About a week ago, my friend Amy tweets that she woke up with a song stuck in her head, and included a link to the song. That song was The Cheat is Not Dead by Strong Bad. I sang that song for at least 3 days (including throughout a recent doctor's appointment).
- ***NEW*** I forgot about this sign until after I had written this post. A few days ago, a high school friend wrote about Strong Bad & Trogdor on my Facebook page.
- My go-to impression voice is still Strong Bad (or any member of the Teen Girl Squad). It's 7 years later, and there had yet to be another voice I've found awesome enough to impersonate everyone in my life.
Kick it old school and watch some Strong Bad right now...or I'll burninate you and your thatch-roof cottage.
yes! shout outs make life worth living. well, probably other things too, but definitely shout outs.
I'll give you shout outs 'til the cows come home. And, lemme tell ya, I don't think those cows are ever coming back.
Post a Comment