- Being a mom to the cutest puppy in the entire world...possibly the cutest puppy to ever exist. This includes lots of playing, feeding, going outside to potty (at all hours) and all sorts of other things.
- Getting back into the swing of teaching. Sadly, this involved a bazillion meetings, committees, professional development activities, etc. This year, teaching also involves a program called KTIP which should encompass a fair portion of my life this year.
- Enjoying the company of a mouse in my classroom. True story. Well, there's not much of a story to it; a mouse briefly visited my classroom before going to visit another teacher. The end.
- Having a student give me crap about liking rap music because it "all sounds the same" and then listening to him talk about how much he likes Nickelback. Did I call him out on that? You'd better believe it. I said, "You wanna talk about every song sounding the same? That's Nickelback!" He couldn't disagree.
- Listening to another student ask me about a Frida Kahlo poster EVERY time he's in my classroom. Every day...well, every other day because it's block scheduling. I don't have time to explain Frida Kahlo to him...but he doesn't like it when I say, "Just Google her." I really don't know what more to tell him, but I might scream if he asks me again.
To end on a cheesy, inspirational email note: at least I have a job and dog I love! And at least I have readers who promise not to hate me for my sporatic posts.