Here's how dedicated I am to these factoids: I just went back and made a list of all previous random things I've listed about myself, so as not to repeat myself.
- I have the hardest time being serious. It doesn't seem to be in my nature. The temptation to make a joke and lighten the mood is always there. I manage to control myself, but it takes all my concentration.
- Sometimes, I run TV shows and movies through my head when I get bored. So if you ever see me just start laughing to myself it's probably because of whatever is playing in my head.
Homer: Wait, I'm confused about the movie. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?
Glen: What are you talking about? There is nothing like that in there!
Homer: Oh, you see when I get bored I make up my own movie. I have a very short attention span...oh, look! A bird!
- I love to dress up in costumes. It's one of the main reasons why Halloween is my favorite holiday. Even as a child, the candy was merely an added bonus; it's always been all about the costumes.
- My love of costumes and parties has come together in one of my life goals: to attend a really fancy costume party at least once in my life. Well, it doesn't have to be a super fancy masquerade ball or anything. I just want to attend a costume party where everyone is balls-to-the-wall dressed up.
- I am a firm believer in the concept that when you look your worst, you will run into whomever you least want to run into. It's happened to me one too many times. Now I rarely leave the house unless I look presentable.
- I love wearing skirts and dresses. As a child I went through a phase in which I wore nothing but dresses. Naturally, once my closet was full of them I decided I only wore pants. If I'm wearing a dress or skirt, I will twirl around like I'm four years old. I don't believe that we outgrow a love of twirling.
- I appeared in a number of plays in high school, although I almost never wanted to be the lead. I always wanted to be the secondary female character. She was almost always ten times funnier (and more memorable) than the lead.
- I have a very difficult time purchasing my own groceries. I end up with a hodgepodge of snacks. It's so hard to justify getting supplies to cook for one person. I'm beginning to think that what I really like is side items.
- Taco Bell is (ironically) one of the only things that doesn't make me sick. I'd say about 95% of the food I eat upsets my stomach (I'm beginning to think I have gluten issues) but not Taco Bell. I'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite for the majority of the human race.
- When it comes to settings (for example volume control) I am much more comfortable with multiples of five. I'm just much more at ease when the volume is at 15 as opposed to 13. The only exception for this is the temperature control in my car--I'll leave it on 69 rather than 70, because 69 is funnier.
- I'm sure you've inferred this from the 69 comment, but often times my sense of humor is that of a 14 year old boy. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless."
- I always have a camera with me. Now that I have the iPhone, which has a fairly impressive camera, I'm slightly more comfortable leaving without a camera (if I have to). I never want to be caught in one of those "I wish I had a camera" moments.
- I'm incapable of turning my brain off. This can make sleeping quite difficult. Even when I concentrate on nothing really hard, the fact that I've almost turned my brain off is brought to my attention and I just end up getting really excited that I've almost succeeded. And then I have to start all over.
- I find myself unconsciously harmonizing with most songs that I sing. During my senior year of high school I was in the swing choir (which was much smaller than the main choir) and, if memory serves, my friend was the only second soprano. So I left the first sopranos and joined her. I guess I've been harmonizing ever since...I just try not to be annoying.
- When friends hear a lot of my stories, they tell me I should write a book. And I'd like to...but Amy Jo and D.Black do not need to hear some of the stories that would appear in the book. I'd publish under a pen name...but I really want credit for it.
- One of the things I'd do if I was rich would be to have a weekly massage appointment.
- I cry when I get really angry. I think it's just because I'm a fairly passionate person. It's frustrating because when I'm arguing with someone I don't want them to think that they are "making me cry" because odds are, they aren't.
- I believe that Kentucky has a strange power over its natives. I can't explain it, but I have a hard time seeing myself anywhere else. And even if I do wind up somewhere else, I have this feeling that I'll end up back in the Bluegrass.
I never met a Kentuckian who wasn't on his way home. ~Mark Twain
- I'd like to take a cross-country road-trip some day. I have a book filled with random roadside attractions (such as CarHenge) that I would love to see.
- I think I'd lose my mind if I had to have a desk job for the rest of my life.
Post a Comment